- Click on this link for the full text of minutes with link to full text of each decision.
- Cick here for AOC page with current minutes and archived minutes links
PUBLISHED DECISIONS OF COA:
233. GOVERNMENT. INJUNCTION. DISCLOSURE OF ATTORNEY GENERAL RECORDS
OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL, ET AL.
VANMETER (PRESIDING JUDGE)
ACREE (CONCURS) AND CAPERTON (CONCURS IN PART AND DISSENTS IN PART AND FILES SEPARATE OPINION)
TO BE PUBLISHED
VANMETER, JUDGE: Leonard Lawson appeals from a summary judgment entered by the Franklin Circuit Court refusing to grant a permanent injunction to preclude the release of records held by the Office of the Attorney General of Kentucky (“OAG”). The court granted summary judgment in favor of the Courier- Journal, Inc., Lexington Herald-Leader Co., the Associated Press (hereinafter collectively referred to as “News Media”) and the OAG, dissolving the temporary injunction previously granted. For the following reasons, we affirm.
TORT REPORT FOR NONPUBLISHED DECISIONS (MINUS WORKERS COMP):
IF YOU WANT
- WORKERS COMPENSATION LAW UPDATES, I RECOMMEND YOU GO TO THE COMP ED WEB SITE AT http://www.comped.net/.
- FAMILY LAW UPDATES, I RECOMMEND YOU GO TO Diana Skaggs' Divorce Law Journal at http://www.divorcelawjournal.com
230. TORTS. MISREPRESENTATION, ETC. IN MORTGAGE AGENT FOR COMMERCIAL LOAN.
AARON MORTGAGE COMPANY
KDS PROPERTIES, INC.
OPINION AFFIRMING IN PART, VACATING IN PART, AND REMANDING.
COMBS (PRESIDING JUDGE)
NICKELL (CONCURS) AND TAYLOR (DISSENTS)
NOT TO BE PUBLISHED
COMBS, JUDGE: Aaron Mortgage Company (Aaron Mortgage) appeals from a judgment of the Boyd Circuit Court that awarded KDS Properties, Inc., $1,245.59 in compensatory damages and $70,000.00 in punitive damages. At issue were misrepresentations of the agent of a mortgage company in a commercial loan transaction. Following our review of the proceedings, we affirm in part, vacate in part, and remand.