Click here for a complete list of our posts for COA Arguments and here for those for SCOKY. And here is a link to the AOC page containing their index to all Court to Appeal oral argument calendars. with names, litigants, issues, and the dates/times/locations for each argument – Oral Arguments Calendar.
* Interlocutory appeal of the trial court ruling which suppresses two blood tests which measured the blood alcohol level of the Appellee’s blood, post motor vehicle accident.
* Consolidated appeals arising from collection action by Appellant seeking to establish priority pursuant to KRS 376.135 over competing creditors.
* Appeal from property issues in dissolution action. Classification of income from loans forgiven partially during the marriage and partially after; tracing and calculation of value of non-marital interest in property owned by LLC; calculation of value and non-marital interests in retirement accounts; calculation of equalization of payment for division of marital property.
* Whether the trial court properly denied the Appellant’s motion to have visitation with Appellee’s sons, his former step-sons.
* Appeal of certification of a class pursuant to a statute allegedly precluding certification and arguably failing to satisfy the prerequisites of CR 23.02(c).
* Summary judgment and wrongful death action when a suspect fleeing from active pursuit of a deputy sheriff crashed head on into decedent’s car.
* Residential foreclosure action.
* Whether circuit court erred by upholding the Kentucky Unemployment Insurance Commission’s decision that appellant voluntarily refused suitable work without good cause.
* Whether circuit court erred by granting summary judgment in favor of appellee on the basis that the policy of insurance did not provide coverage for decedent.
* Appeal from judgment denying complaint to enforce judgment lien against property owned by LLC.
* Whether Kentucky recognizes a claim for “reverse piercing;” Sufficiency of evidence and equites supporting piercing of LLC’s veil.February2018