- A renumbering of the for a little more consistency with the rest of the Supreme Court’s rules for lawyers.
- Revised CLE form to conform to the changes. So get rid of any saved PDF’s you may have been using before.
- Annual minimum CLE requirement drops from 12.5 to 12 hours, but with no change to the annual ethical hours.
- Non-hardship time extensions to get the needed hours is a little easier and less expensive. The old rule allowed you to get a non-hardship time extension once every three years with a $250 fee and all credits had to be earned and certified by September 10. Now, you can get an extension every year but with a progressively increasing fee structure starting at $250 for the first year’s extension and going up to $350 for year number two and $500 for every year after that. After three years without applying for a non-hardship time extension, the fee schedule resets back to $250. No change in the Sept. 10 deadline.
- The CLE requirement for removing a CLE non-practice exemption is lowered by the new rules.
For more information, contact Mary Beth Cutter, director for CLE at the KBA, email@example.com.
Kentucky Supreme Court Rules
(SCR 3.600 thru SCR 3.695)
SCR 3.600 CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION DEFINITIONS
SCR 3.605 THE COMMISSION: FUNCTIONS AND MEMBERSHIP
SCR 3.610 SELECTION AND TENURE OF THE COMMISSION, FILLING VACANCIES ON THE COMMISSION
SCR 3.615 COMMISSION MEMBER QUALIFICATIONS
SCR 3.620 COMMISSION QUORUM
SCR 3.625 COMMISSION STAFF
SCR 3.630 COMMISSION DUTIES
SCR 3.635 KENTUCKY LAW UPDATE SEMINARS IN EACH APPELLATE DISTRICT
SCR 3.640 NEW LAWYER PROGRAM REQUIREMENT
SCR 3.645 CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: COMPLIANCE AND CERTIFICATION
SCR 3.650 QUALIFYING CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION ACTIVITY AND STANDARDS
SCR 3.655 CALCULATION AND REPORTING OF CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION CREDITS: FORMULAS AND LIMITS
SCR 3.660 PROCEDURE FOR ACCREDITATION OF CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION ACTIVITIES AND OBLIGATIONS OF SPONSORS
SCR 3.665 EXEMPTIONS AND REMOVAL OF EXEMPTIONS
SCR 3.670 EXTENSION OF TIME REQUIREMENTS
SCR 3.675 NON-COMPLIANCE: PROCEDURE AND SANCTIONS
SCR 3.680 APPEAL OF COMMISSION ACTIONS
SCR 3.685 CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS FOR RESTORATION OR REINSTATEMENT TO MEMBERSHIP: PROCEDURES
SCR 3.690 CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION AWARD
SCR 3.695 COMMISSION RECORDS CONFIDENTIAL
Thriving in our Profession:
Resilience Strategies for Bench, Bar and Boardroom
Saturday, June 29
9 a.m.-11 a.m.
from the Louisville Bar Association
It’s your last chance to squeeze in CLE credits before the June 30 deadline: Join us Saturday at Republic Bank across from the Summit Shopping Center for a seminar lead by the LBA Leadership Academy’s retreat facilitator, Kathy Story, who will guide you through strategies and techniques to enhance resilience, success and satisfaction in the practice of law and on the bench.
Kathy Story, MA JD, of Story Consulting and Coaching (Memphis, TN), has over 25 years experience in the law, education and counseling. She was instrumental in developing the LBA’s Leadership Academy since its inception in 2006 and continues to be the retreat facilitator. Story works with state and local bar associations, court systems and other legal organizations to improve practice and satisfaction in the profession.
The program will discuss research regarding attorney personality traits, adaptation to change, neuroscience, positive psychology and leadership studies.
For more information and to register, CLICK HERE or contact Lisa Anspach at firstname.lastname@example.org or (502) 583-5314.