Click here for a complete list of our posts for COA Arguments and here for those for SCOKY. And here is a link to the AOC page containing their index to all Court to Appeal oral argument calendars. with names, litigants, issues, and the dates/times/locations for each argument.
Some issues for the month of November 2016 are:
- Whether family court erred in its division of marital property award of maintenance, and award of time-sharing. 11/17/2016. Louisville.
- Whether family court erred by involuntarily terminating appellant’s parental rights. 11/17/2016. Louisville.
- Whether the family court erred by granting DVO against appellant. 11/17/2016. Louisville.
- Whether the trial court properly granted the Appellee’s motion to dismiss pursuant to CR 12.02 for failure to state a claim. 11/29/2016. Frankfort.
- RCr 11.42 case. Appellant alleges as inadequate assistance of counsel the failure of trial counsel to remove from jury panel a victim of a previous crime of defendant. Case of first impression. 11/30/2016. Louisville.
- Appeal from declaratory judgment concluding that the Claims Against Local Governments Act (CALGA) required Metro to indemnify police officer for damages caused by his off-duty use of a police vehicle. Metro argues that officer’s use of the vehicle fell outside of CALGA’s “scope of employment” requirement. 11/30/2016. Louisville.
- Administratrix of an estate appeals trial court’s grant of summary judgment in a wrongful death action wherein the trial court held that defendant/appellee’s actions did not constitute the elements necessary for a wrongful death action and further, that 911 dispatcher was protected by official immunity because his actions were discretionary rather than ministerial. 11/30/2016. Louisville.
Here is the complete calendar for this month. Please note these are not available through on line streaming like those of SCOKY.